Yes, you really do.
Water can seep through the roll-top closure of a dry sack/bag (regardless of brand), so double-bagging is a common sense measure to prevent your phone from getting wet or damaged. Relying on a single dry sack/bag, no matter how new it is or how well it has been taken care of, is not something we would recommend.
You can read more about Packing Electronics on our blog.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Do I really need to "double bag" my phone when using a dry sack/bag?
- How does an eVac Dry Bag / Compression Dry Bag work? Does the eVent fabric prevent air being drawn back in?
- How should I correctly close a dry bag roll-top closure?
- Hydrostatic Head - what does it mean?
- I want to place my phone/camera/laptop in a dry bag, which one is the best to use?
- Which dry bags/sacks are appropriate for external use? (i.e. not inside another bag or pack)
- The screw came loose from the buckle of my dry sack, is it possible to get a replacement?
- I have a hole in my dry sack, is this covered under warranty?