Any of the dry bags that use abrasion-resistant fabrics of 70 Denier or heavier are suitable for true external use.
The Lightweight and View dry sacks, eVac Dry Sacks and 70D eVent Compression Dry Sacks, Stopper, Big River, and Hydraulic dry bags are intended to be used directly outside a backpack.
Any of the lighter dry sacks (Ultra-Sil Dry Sacks or UltraSil eVent Compression Dry Sacks and Ultra-Sil Nano) are only designed for internal use inside another bag or backpack.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Do I really need to "double bag" my phone when using a dry sack/bag?
- How does an eVac Dry Bag / Compression Dry Bag work? Does the eVent fabric prevent air being drawn back in?
- How should I correctly close a dry bag roll-top closure?
- Hydrostatic Head - what does it mean?
- I want to place my phone/camera/laptop in a dry bag, which one is the best to use?
- Which dry bags/sacks are appropriate for external use? (i.e. not inside another bag or pack)
- The screw came loose from the buckle of my dry sack, is it possible to get a replacement?
- I have a hole in my dry sack, is this covered under warranty?